Friday 21 April 2023

All the Guests wore Navy Blue


I asked Kristen and Brody about the colour scheme for their intimate wedding at The Pavilion at Mount Tamborine. They replied that the wedding colours would be navy blue, white and beige.

So, as is my custom, I dressed to suit the theme, and didn’t wear a fluoro striped kaftan. I donned a navy blue fit and flare dress from Review Australia.

To my surprise, all the guests were dressed in theme too – which looked absolutely striking!

Beige makes for an easy choice for menswear, one of the most popular casual wedding looks being chinos (which are beige!) with a crisp white shirt.

For a small guest list of close family members, asking the guests to wear a particular colour palette can make for really effective photos. I'm hoping this idea catches on!

Venue: The Pavilion Mt. Tamborine
Coordination: Elope Brisbane
Photographer: Romana Saeheng Photography and Graphic Design
Celebrant: Cheryl Landsberry - Marriage Celebrant 

One of our micro weddings on North Stradbroke Island last year had a similar idea, with all the guests deciding to wear neutral colours.


Venue: Point Lookout
Coordination: Elope Brisbane