Saturday 7 January 2017

Auslan Weddings Brisbane


Auslan weddings

I just loved watching the Auslan interpreters on TV during the emergency broadcasts, they were so animated! So I spent some time in 2016 acquiring my Certificate II in Auslan from Brisbane TAFE. 

Whilst I'm far from fluent in Auslan, I look forward to being able to include some signing in future ceremonies to include both hearing and Deaf wedding guests. We learnt so much about communicating with the Deaf community, I hope they will be patient with me as I practice.

In the photo above, I'm practicing the sign for "witness". A couple need two witnesses for their legal marriage ceremony in Australia. 

If you are planning your Brisbane wedding and would like the benefit of a celebrant who will be enthusiastic to include your Deaf guests, please contact Cheryl at www.cherylwedding.com.

If you are looking for a qualified Auslan interpreter for a wedding ceremony, contact Auslan Alliancehttp://www.auslanalliance.com.au/?lightbox=dataItem-ikwmnieg which is a new service in Australia, or Deaf Services Qld http://www.deafservicesqld.org.au/Services/Interpreting/Face-to-Face-Interpreting.